Skip to main content

Review of Finale


I received this book from a giveaway by Kayla Olsen, the author of This Splintered Silence. I gave this book 5/5 stars!

In this book, we see many of the same characters that we saw in Legendary, and there are a few new ones. It picks up a couple of months after Legendary. I honestly love the way it began, and Garber doesn't wait to play with reader's emotions. It has the same atmosphere as Legendary, but I think that there is a hint of Caraval spirit in it since we get a look at Scarlett's point of view again. It isn't abundant with magic like Caraval, but it doesn't feel like the magic is little to none like Legendary. It is right dab in the middle and sways towards magic and no magic as the story goes on. 

There is a good amount of romance throughout the whole book, especially in the beginning and end, which I enjoyed. I think that the romance was one of the most magical aspects of the book if we don't count Legend's magic and the Fates' magic. 

A few plot twists were here and there, and I definitely didn't at least one coming, whether it's from being enveloped in the book or something else I don't know. It was a page-turner and it was so difficult to put the book down. I needed to keep reading it while there were still pages to read. Finale is easy to read, entertaining, romantic, original, and the characters are wonderful. 

- SMALL SPOILER IN NEXT PARAGRAPH -

It is one of those books where if you loved Legendary, Caraval, or both, then it should be given a try. If they weren't your cup of tea, at least read the first few chapters. The ending was satisfying, but I wish there were was another book to come after since that ending left me with one question: What kind of trouble will Legend and Tella get into now?

- SPOILERS ENDED
This review is also on Goodreads and Bookbub!


Synopsis:
Welcome, welcome to Finale, the third and final book in Stephanie Garber’s #1 New York Times bestselling Caraval series! 

A love worth fighting for. A dream worth dying for. An ending worth waiting for.
It’s been two months since the Fates were freed from a deck of cards, two months since Legend claimed the throne for his own, and two months since Tella discovered the boy she fell in love with doesn’t really exist.
With lives, empires, and hearts hanging in the balance, Tella must decide if she’s going to trust Legend or a former enemy. After uncovering a secret that upends her life, Scarlett will need to do the impossible. And Legend has a choice to make that will forever change and define him.
Caraval is over, but perhaps the greatest game of all has begun. There are no spectators this time: only those who will win, and those who will lose everything.
Welcome, welcome to Finale. All games must come to an end


Reading log: Jun. 17, 2019 - Jun. 18, 2019 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Heir of Fire

I am giving this book 4.5/5 stars! In this book, we meet multiple new people, more answers are given, and more questions are left unanswered. I think this is the book where things really start to go down and get interesting. It's a turning point, not just for the characters, but for the story as a whole. Even the feel of the book is different. As I was reading, I felt like Chaol and Dorian's point of view was providing a slice of the past books, Manon's point of view was providing a slice of the future and where the series is heading, and Celaena's point of view was providing the transition from past to future. I really like Manon, more than I had anticipated. She brings something good to the table and the story and I can't wait to see how she continues to develop as a character. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she plays a bigger role in Celaena's story later on! I teared up a few times because OOOHHH MYYYY GOODNESS I am speechless with how the s...

Review of Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling

I received this book after telling the author I would love to Beta Read her book, which was in response to her newsletter. It releases November 27, 2019! I am giving this book 5/5 stars! I didn't know what to expect from this book. Just before starting it, I had finished another Beauty and the Beast retelling ( A Curse So Dark and Lonely )that had quickly made it to the top of my list of favorite retellings. I didn't expect this book to be as great as that, but it was! Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling quickly made it to the top of my list and is now one of my favorite retellings.  The Beast is one of a kind in my eyes. He seemed more demonic and I honestly loved that. It made me think of Persephone and Hades. I hadn't read a book where the beast was portrayed this way, and it left me wondering how on earth the author was going to have Amicia fall in love with someone like that.  The first chapter did a great job at setting up the story and getting i...

Review of A Curse So Dark and Lonely

I'm giving this book 4/5 stars! This book definitely met my expectations (considering there was sooo much hype), but it also took a turn I didn't expect. I was expecting a story similar to many of the other Beauty and the Beast retellings where they are a monster 24/7 and there are cursed people that may or may not be objects (kind of like Beast: a Tale of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen). I was pleasantly surprised to see that was not the case. It definitely has its own original twist that makes it feel like I haven't read this story before, even though I know the tale it is based off of. It was refreshing and I think I enjoyed it a lot more because of that. A Curse So Dark and Lonely is definitely the best retelling I have EVER read.  This story hooked me right from the start and it got straight to the point. It didn't take forever describing anything and I really enjoyed that. The author did a great job at not information dumping and keeping everything neat...