Skip to main content

Review of A Court of Wings and Ruin



I gave this book 5/5 stars!

I honestly don't think that anyone could have told this story better than Maas did. I was emotionally invested in this series, which I honestly wasn't expecting. I thought that I wouldn't like it as much as I could have because I'm so late to the party, but I was wrong. This series has easily become one of my top favorites, and I couldn't be happier.

SO many unexpected things happened. I didn't see any of it coming. You thought you knew how this was going to play out, then you get sideswiped with a twist. Then you play on that and think you have it planned out, but you get hit with a twist again. I LOVED IT!! It kept me on my toes and left the future blurry. This is definitely one of the reasons why this is my favorite book so far out of the first three. 

This book has at least one tear-jerking moment. It was an emotional whirlwind. Since I was prompted to feel strong emotions while reading, I was able to separate this book from a good book to a fantastic book. Nothing is better to me than being able to feel certain emotions because of reading. 

We see friendships and other kinds of relationships strain and mend back together. We see how each character handles pressure and sacrifices. We see relationships grow and become stronger, all throughout the book. It is definitely a strong book to end the first books with since it has everything I think a good book should have. It comes almost full-circle, allowing room for more books to follow. It also has strong character growth and development, it's entertaining, easy-to-read, original, and allows us to meet more characters (ones we have heard of before and ones we haven't). 



- THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH HAS CONTENT THAT MAY BE VIEWED AS SPOILERS -


There are some unanswered questions that I hope are answered in the next books. These include: <spoiler> Where is Bryaxis? Why didn't Nesta show as much love toward Feyre as she did Elain? What is going on with the queens? Do the humans and fae end up coming together? What happens to Tamlin and the Spring court? How are the other courts handling the aftermath of the war? What happened to the humans they gave shelter to? </spoiler>



- SPOILERS ENDED -


I love this hangover I know I will be in for a looong while. I wish it didn't end so soon and that the other books in this series were already out. I hate waiting XD


This review is also up on Goodreads and Bookbub!


Synopsis:
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.


Reading log: September 7, 2019 - September 11, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Heir of Fire

I am giving this book 4.5/5 stars! In this book, we meet multiple new people, more answers are given, and more questions are left unanswered. I think this is the book where things really start to go down and get interesting. It's a turning point, not just for the characters, but for the story as a whole. Even the feel of the book is different. As I was reading, I felt like Chaol and Dorian's point of view was providing a slice of the past books, Manon's point of view was providing a slice of the future and where the series is heading, and Celaena's point of view was providing the transition from past to future. I really like Manon, more than I had anticipated. She brings something good to the table and the story and I can't wait to see how she continues to develop as a character. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she plays a bigger role in Celaena's story later on! I teared up a few times because OOOHHH MYYYY GOODNESS I am speechless with how the s...

Review of Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling

I received this book after telling the author I would love to Beta Read her book, which was in response to her newsletter. It releases November 27, 2019! I am giving this book 5/5 stars! I didn't know what to expect from this book. Just before starting it, I had finished another Beauty and the Beast retelling ( A Curse So Dark and Lonely )that had quickly made it to the top of my list of favorite retellings. I didn't expect this book to be as great as that, but it was! Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling quickly made it to the top of my list and is now one of my favorite retellings.  The Beast is one of a kind in my eyes. He seemed more demonic and I honestly loved that. It made me think of Persephone and Hades. I hadn't read a book where the beast was portrayed this way, and it left me wondering how on earth the author was going to have Amicia fall in love with someone like that.  The first chapter did a great job at setting up the story and getting i...

Review of A Curse So Dark and Lonely

I'm giving this book 4/5 stars! This book definitely met my expectations (considering there was sooo much hype), but it also took a turn I didn't expect. I was expecting a story similar to many of the other Beauty and the Beast retellings where they are a monster 24/7 and there are cursed people that may or may not be objects (kind of like Beast: a Tale of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen). I was pleasantly surprised to see that was not the case. It definitely has its own original twist that makes it feel like I haven't read this story before, even though I know the tale it is based off of. It was refreshing and I think I enjoyed it a lot more because of that. A Curse So Dark and Lonely is definitely the best retelling I have EVER read.  This story hooked me right from the start and it got straight to the point. It didn't take forever describing anything and I really enjoyed that. The author did a great job at not information dumping and keeping everything neat...