Skip to main content

Review of The Veil of Trust




I received an ARC since I am on the author's street team. I am giving this book 5/5 stars!

Although this book is another one where Brynaa is gathering more information and is moving the story along, I found it to be very interesting. Evans was able to make it eventful and entertaining without a dull moment and I think that can be a hard thing to come by.

In this story, we see more characters from the past come back and play a larger role in this story. I loved this so much. I think it brought the whole vibe of the book to feel more like the first book. It made it feel more connected to the story. If you didn't particularly enjoy the second book as much as the first, don't stop there. Read this book and you won't be disappointed!

We see more problems and struggles arise, and while those are sometimes used to make the story longer and could be taken out, these don't fall into that category. They have a purpose, and that is to move the story along. It allows Brynna to make more progress in her ultimate goal: to get her kingdom back. 


- THIS PARAGRAPH MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT COULD BE VIEWED AS SPOILERS -

Now from putting together the problems/struggles and characters from the past, we see the two versions we know Brynna as become one. Her Veil side and her Queen side merge together and grow. This is where a lot of the character development comes from in the story and there was nothing I loved more than that. It made her a better role model and allowed her to find herself within the two versions of herself she created.


- SPOILERS OVER -

THE VERY LAST FEW CHAPTERS KILLED ME! I swear that if you aren't enjoying the book in the start, hold out till the end. It brought out so many emotions, more than I had felt during the last book and the start of this book. And I couldn't love it more because of it. I was not prepared and this book won't hold me over because of it. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!!


This review is on Goodreads and Amazon, and will be up on Bookbub soon!


Synopsis:
Brynna has passed an important test, but the long road to reclaiming her kingdom is still fraught with dangers. Bolstered by her growing army of loyal soldiers, as well as friends new and old, she takes strides to free her people from the tyrannical hold of Ilara. But alliances are fragile, and old foes bring new challenges to the would-be queen. And Brynna learns that trust is harder to come by than she first thought.

The Veil of Trust is the third book in the bestselling Princess Vigilante series. Readers around the world have fallen in love with this fantastical world of seas and mountains, political intrigue, and masked mischief.



Reading log: September 7, 2019 - October 1, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Heir of Fire

I am giving this book 4.5/5 stars! In this book, we meet multiple new people, more answers are given, and more questions are left unanswered. I think this is the book where things really start to go down and get interesting. It's a turning point, not just for the characters, but for the story as a whole. Even the feel of the book is different. As I was reading, I felt like Chaol and Dorian's point of view was providing a slice of the past books, Manon's point of view was providing a slice of the future and where the series is heading, and Celaena's point of view was providing the transition from past to future. I really like Manon, more than I had anticipated. She brings something good to the table and the story and I can't wait to see how she continues to develop as a character. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she plays a bigger role in Celaena's story later on! I teared up a few times because OOOHHH MYYYY GOODNESS I am speechless with how the s...

Review of Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling

I received this book after telling the author I would love to Beta Read her book, which was in response to her newsletter. It releases November 27, 2019! I am giving this book 5/5 stars! I didn't know what to expect from this book. Just before starting it, I had finished another Beauty and the Beast retelling ( A Curse So Dark and Lonely )that had quickly made it to the top of my list of favorite retellings. I didn't expect this book to be as great as that, but it was! Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling quickly made it to the top of my list and is now one of my favorite retellings.  The Beast is one of a kind in my eyes. He seemed more demonic and I honestly loved that. It made me think of Persephone and Hades. I hadn't read a book where the beast was portrayed this way, and it left me wondering how on earth the author was going to have Amicia fall in love with someone like that.  The first chapter did a great job at setting up the story and getting i...

Review of A Curse So Dark and Lonely

I'm giving this book 4/5 stars! This book definitely met my expectations (considering there was sooo much hype), but it also took a turn I didn't expect. I was expecting a story similar to many of the other Beauty and the Beast retellings where they are a monster 24/7 and there are cursed people that may or may not be objects (kind of like Beast: a Tale of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen). I was pleasantly surprised to see that was not the case. It definitely has its own original twist that makes it feel like I haven't read this story before, even though I know the tale it is based off of. It was refreshing and I think I enjoyed it a lot more because of that. A Curse So Dark and Lonely is definitely the best retelling I have EVER read.  This story hooked me right from the start and it got straight to the point. It didn't take forever describing anything and I really enjoyed that. The author did a great job at not information dumping and keeping everything neat...