Skip to main content

Review of The Queen of Veils



- I am on the author's street team and so I received an ARC copy of the book in kindle format. Although this is the case, it has no influence over my review and rating. -

I am giving this book 4/5 stars! 

We have reached the end of this amazing series and I couldn't be more sad about it. I really love Brynna's story and character, and hate to see it come to an end. This final installment will not disappoint and I am VERY pleased with how it has ended. It is the perfect ending to a great series.

This book has the same feel as the first book did. It has lots of action and political intrigue that keeps it interesting, and it doesn't have a lot of romance. I didn't like the climax as much as I wanted to, but it is exactly how it should have ended in order to stay true to Brynna and her morals. Although Brynna goes through character development and learns valuable lessons that change her, there are certain character traits and morals that never change and I find that to be something that makes a great role model. She allows herself to grow but stays true to herself.

I love the relationships that are formed and the new bonds that seem to be the least expected. It added a lot to the story for me and pulled at my heart strings. I think the relationships that are formed in this book are the best out of the whole series. Evans did a very great job working on them.


This review is also on Goodreads and Bookbub!


Synopsis:
The final installment in the spellbinding Princess Vigilante series takes readers back to the city of Forcadel as Brynna makes her final play to reclaim her kingdom. Full of twists and turns, this final book will keep readers guessing until the very end.


Reading log: Mar. 21, 2020 to Mar. 26, 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Heir of Fire

I am giving this book 4.5/5 stars! In this book, we meet multiple new people, more answers are given, and more questions are left unanswered. I think this is the book where things really start to go down and get interesting. It's a turning point, not just for the characters, but for the story as a whole. Even the feel of the book is different. As I was reading, I felt like Chaol and Dorian's point of view was providing a slice of the past books, Manon's point of view was providing a slice of the future and where the series is heading, and Celaena's point of view was providing the transition from past to future. I really like Manon, more than I had anticipated. She brings something good to the table and the story and I can't wait to see how she continues to develop as a character. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she plays a bigger role in Celaena's story later on! I teared up a few times because OOOHHH MYYYY GOODNESS I am speechless with how the s...

Review of Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling

I received this book after telling the author I would love to Beta Read her book, which was in response to her newsletter. It releases November 27, 2019! I am giving this book 5/5 stars! I didn't know what to expect from this book. Just before starting it, I had finished another Beauty and the Beast retelling ( A Curse So Dark and Lonely )that had quickly made it to the top of my list of favorite retellings. I didn't expect this book to be as great as that, but it was! Gilded Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling quickly made it to the top of my list and is now one of my favorite retellings.  The Beast is one of a kind in my eyes. He seemed more demonic and I honestly loved that. It made me think of Persephone and Hades. I hadn't read a book where the beast was portrayed this way, and it left me wondering how on earth the author was going to have Amicia fall in love with someone like that.  The first chapter did a great job at setting up the story and getting i...

Review of A Curse So Dark and Lonely

I'm giving this book 4/5 stars! This book definitely met my expectations (considering there was sooo much hype), but it also took a turn I didn't expect. I was expecting a story similar to many of the other Beauty and the Beast retellings where they are a monster 24/7 and there are cursed people that may or may not be objects (kind of like Beast: a Tale of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen). I was pleasantly surprised to see that was not the case. It definitely has its own original twist that makes it feel like I haven't read this story before, even though I know the tale it is based off of. It was refreshing and I think I enjoyed it a lot more because of that. A Curse So Dark and Lonely is definitely the best retelling I have EVER read.  This story hooked me right from the start and it got straight to the point. It didn't take forever describing anything and I really enjoyed that. The author did a great job at not information dumping and keeping everything neat...